Post a Marketo form to a Salesforce custom object?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Post a Marketo form to a Salesforce custom object?

Is it possible at all to capture a Marketo survey-type form, and post that to a custom object in Salesforce, rather than just fields in a lead record?

I'm looking for different options to capture prospect responses to sales qualification questions.

Simply adding the 4 questions as fields in the lead record is not enough, because we want to be able to track different questions, different responses over time, and do reporting.

One way I can imagine doing it is via a SurveyMonkey type integration with Salesforce, and logging the responses to a Salesforce custom object that looks-up to the lead/contact record by email.

But a survey form could also be done in Marketo.

Note: Our reps would in all probability complete the form based on telephone responses.

I'm open to other suggetsions.

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Post a Marketo form to a Salesforce custom object?

Yes, you could do this. See developers.marketo.com or if the object exists in SFDC, you can ask it to sync in Marketo.

Why not just use the SurveyMonkey integration?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Post a Marketo form to a Salesforce custom object?

Marketo--as I've been told--cannot write from responses to custom objects. The SurveyMonkey integration is likely a good option. In addition, Marketo has the ability to leverage their custom object technology called Mobjects that can be associated with their lead table; essentially a place to store the survey responses--but this does require coding to build. Additionally Mobjects cannot be made visible in SFDC.