SOLVED

Re: Possible to use 1 SFDC campaign to track multiple channels?

Go to solution
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Possible to use 1 SFDC campaign to track multiple channels?

Hi Marketo Community!

I am hoping to find an easier way to track our multi-channel campaigns. Here is our scenario:

We create eBook ABC.

We promote the same landing page for eBook ABC on adwords, our resources section, social media, and email newsletter.

So to track downloads we have 4 different SFDC campaigns, and use the UTM parameters to direct the leads to each one.

Is there any way of just using 1 SFDC campaign? I've searched the community...maybe I'm using the wrong queries. We have multiple users so I am trying to make it easier on them.

Thank you!

Darrell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Darell,

Yes, you can. In SFDC, setup the campaign and click the "advance setup" button on the campaign screen. There, define 1 possible member status for each of your communication channel.

Let the whole sync back to Marketo. Then you will be able to add leads to this campaign and choose the member status, and you will be able to report this in SFDC.

Recommendation: make this campaign a child campaign of the one that is sync'ed with the program.

And BTW, this whole approach makes a neat way of doing it, much better than multiplying the number of campaigns. Great idea.

-Greg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Darell,

Yes, you can. In SFDC, setup the campaign and click the "advance setup" button on the campaign screen. There, define 1 possible member status for each of your communication channel.

Let the whole sync back to Marketo. Then you will be able to add leads to this campaign and choose the member status, and you will be able to report this in SFDC.

Recommendation: make this campaign a child campaign of the one that is sync'ed with the program.

And BTW, this whole approach makes a neat way of doing it, much better than multiplying the number of campaigns. Great idea.

-Greg

Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks Gregoire.

I thought about a version of this in my head but abandoned it because I thought it was silly.

Just to confirm, you mean using member statuses to differentiate download sources correct?

So if my status is Downloaded Content, then there will actually be 4 different Downloaded Content Statuses.

Downloaded Content - Adwords

Downloaded Content - Blog

Downloaded Content - Email Send

Downloaded Content - Social Media.

Something like that correct?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Yes, exactly.

The only point is that this campaign cannot be synchronized with a Marketo program, unless you have create a channel with the same statuses.

-Greg