Possible to Include Links to SFDC Records in RCA Reports?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Possible to Include Links to SFDC Records in RCA Reports?

We have been improving reporting for our sales team and today we were asked if it were possible to include a hyperlink to the lead/contact record in the RCA / Analytics report that we create for them. I know that this isn't an active feature within the reporting system, so I was wondering if anyone had a "hack" that they were using to get around this?

The two reports that I am providing to the sales team (so that folks have an idea of the data that is available within each one) are:

1. Web Page Activity Report (from Analytics)
  2. Account Activity Report (from RCA)

Both reports contain Company Name, First & Last Name, Lead Owner, Lead Status and then the other applicable data (either their web activity or the program channel that they had a success in). It would be awesome to be able to include a link to the SFDC record so the sales team can click through and see everything they need to conduct their applicable sales activity.

Any suggestions are welcome! And is this something that anyone else would find useful - worth submitting as an idea?

Michelle

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Possible to Include Links to SFDC Records in RCA Reports?

You won't be able to do this in the reports...at least not directly.

In RCA, you can sync the SFDC ID field. When you do that, you can add it to the report. The salesperson could copy the ID and paste it next to your base SFDC URL:

http://na20.salesforce.com/{SFDC ID}

The question is which report you mean in RCA? The Model Analysis (Companies)? Something else? There are only 3 fields you can add to the MA reports. So this trick will only work with Lead, program, and Opp reports.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Possible to Include Links to SFDC Records in RCA Reports?

Hi Josh,

Currently the one I have put together for our sales team is a Program Membership Analysis report which includes all the pertinent details for the lead, and I've added a Program Success column as a measurement.

You note that Program reports are one of three that can contain the SFDC ID field - does that pertain to ALL Program reports? I don't see an SFDC ID field in this particular one, unless it's a field that has to be added manually some way. While it's not AS easy as simply including the link to the record, it's better than nothing if easy enough to do!

Appreciate the information - almost there
Michelle