SOLVED

Re: Possible to cookie leads without sending a Marketo email?

Go to solution
Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Cool. Looking forward to your post-- thanks!

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Sandford Whiteman​ we still haven't been able to successfully implement associating non-marketo emails with web activity. You mentioned that you were planning on writing a blog post about how to do this. Any chance this is still a possibility? Would love to better understand this.

Thanks so much!

Alexis

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

What method are you attempting exactly?

P.S. You @d one of my secondary (and misspelled) accounts btw!

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Oh! Sorry!   Basically, we are attempting to track activity from non- marketo emails to our site in marketo.  Earlier in this thread you mentioned that this is an associated cookie. We would like to silently associate the resulting web activities with the original known marketo lead instead of forcing them to fill out a form, but i'm not sure how to go about setting this up.

This was my original question:  "Some of our communication is not sent via Marketo. However, we would still like to cookie these leads so that we can track website activity in Marketo prior to a form fill.  Does anyone have insights on how/if it's possible to cookie a lead by Marketo without sending an email through marketo?"

SanfordWhiteman

I'm pubbing it today: it will be at http://blog.teknkl.com/tracking-clicks-non-marketo-emails and will go out in this afternoon's email update!

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

I'm very excited!! Thank you.

SanfordWhiteman

Up now.

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Sanford Whiteman​ just checking to see if you wrote a blog post about this yet--thanks!

SanfordWhiteman

Workin' on it!  Have to split it into two simultaneous posts because there's something v. important about security that I need to set aside.

Alexis_D_Alba1
Level 5

Hey Sanford Whiteman​-- don't want to bug you, but just curious if you're still planning on writing a blog post around this topic. Would love to read your thoughts on this.

thanks again for your help!