SOLVED

Re: Personalized URL - Shortened?

Go to solution
Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Personalized URL - Shortened?

Hi all, I've read the documentation surrounding setting up personalized URLs and the exported list of leads works great with each individual. However, is there a way to have Marketo spit out a shortened URL that asks the full URL?

One way around this is renaming the Landing Page, but ideally I would like the customer to see something easy instead of the http://domain/landing-page-name/UniqueName URL.

Secondly, the personalized URLs are for the landing page. We have been iFraming our landing pages onto our website - what would be the best way to "personalize" this as the landing page and host page are communicating through a jQuery?

I couldn't find anything surrounding this in the community so any suggestions or comments are appreciated .

Backstory: We're sending out direct mail postcards to individuals who's emails are invalid, have a hard or soft bounce from a specific message, or are not receiving our eCommunications. We wanted to connect their invalid status with a personalized URL to fill out a form for an event registration.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

I love this feature request and we've thought about it a bit. But, right now, we don't offer any ad-hoc URL shortening. You'll have to stick with something like bit.ly

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

I love this feature request and we've thought about it a bit. But, right now, we don't offer any ad-hoc URL shortening. You'll have to stick with something like bit.ly

Ayan_Talukder
Level 5

Thanks Justin for the reply!

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Ayan, if this looks tempting

Bitlify TT 01

give me a shout and I'll show you how to set it up.  I pushed the limits of customizing the UI with this one.