Person was Pushed Trigger isn't working as expected

Jprithvi2616
Level 1

Person was Pushed Trigger isn't working as expected

Person was pushed filter.png

Hi All - We've recently used the above filter and trigger but not sure why no members are showing up. Anyone faced a similar issue as this? 

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Person was Pushed Trigger isn't working as expected

When you redact program names like that, it’s much more difficult to help! You should be able to create a test program that doesn’t reveal any internal naming conventions.

Are those program names the same? If so, you shouldn’t have the filter.

Jprithvi2616
Level 1

This is not our internal company's instance. It's on the client's side so had to redact them.

Yes the program names are the same. So does that work only when we use a trigger?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The filter will only create a race condition. The person is already being pushed into the program, per the trigger.

Jprithvi2616
Level 1

I did test it out by creating another smart campaign but nothing showed up either under results tab or under the program membership.

What do you suggest?

Michael_Florin
Level 10

The trigger "Person is Pushed to Marketo" will fire if you have an API that uses the Push Lead Endpoint.

https://developers.marketo.com/rest-api/lead-database/leads/#push_lead_to_marketo

Looks like this in the Activity History:

Michael_Florin_0-1699892038827.png

Your filter "Member of Program" is redundant, as the push already creates the program member, so it's always true.

I'd check with the filter alone if your API is really pushing persons to Marketo:

Michael_Florin_1-1699892166984.png

If you get results, you know that your API does this. Then try to push the same persons again, and your trigger should definitely fire. At least, I don't see why it wouldn't. Assuming of course, your Smart Campaign is set to "Person can run through the campaign every time".