SOLVED

Re: Person Source hidden field not populating

Go to solution
pcjohnson6
Level 2

Person Source hidden field not populating

Hi team, I have a question I hope can be answered: 

In creating a demo request form, I'd like to have lead source be filled in by default, with the chance of it changed via url parameters. This is working just fine with a few other fields I have as hidden fields, but for some reason, it is NOT populating for person source. Any reason you can see it not working correctly? 

pcjohnson6_1-1619046648784.png

pcjohnson6_2-1619046713273.png

pcjohnson6_0-1619046586145.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You have custom code in this separate JS file that's overriding Marketo's behavior:

https://abnormalsecurity.com/wp-content/themes/saasland/assets/js/custom-wp.js

(Note that code itself is broken — it doesn't use the Marketo Forms JS API properly, so should be rewritten — but it's the cause.)

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
pcjohnson6
Level 2

Here's an example of a field that's working on the same form with the same type of logic: 

pcjohnson6_0-1619046926063.png

pcjohnson6_1-1619046936750.png

pcjohnson6_2-1619046950468.png

SanfordWhiteman

Exactly what form(s) of value population are "not working" in the case of Person Source?
pcjohnson6
Level 2

Sanford, 

Thanks for helping me tackle this one. I'm sorry, I don't understand your question here. Could you elaborate?

SanfordWhiteman

I mean you have multiple ways of getting data into the field, so which ways aren't working?
pcjohnson6
Level 2

As i'm doing with Campaign ID, I'm hoping to have it be a hidden field on the form, populated by URL source, but with the default being "Organic Website". The default of "Organic Website" isn't populating like it is with the other fields i'm using the same strategy for. 

SanfordWhiteman

What's a page this is running on?

pcjohnson6
Level 2

SanfordWhiteman

You have custom code in this separate JS file that's overriding Marketo's behavior:

https://abnormalsecurity.com/wp-content/themes/saasland/assets/js/custom-wp.js

(Note that code itself is broken — it doesn't use the Marketo Forms JS API properly, so should be rewritten — but it's the cause.)

pcjohnson6
Level 2

BLESS YOU! Thank you!