Perkuto (Digesto) - RSS Feed for emailing blogs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Perkuto (Digesto) - RSS Feed for emailing blogs

Hello All,

I was wondering if Marketo actually uses Perkuto's 'Digesto' for when RSS Feed updates are pushed through email to their subscribers?

Has anyone see a difference between using Digesto or Mailchamp. If so, what were the pros and cons?

Thanks,

David

12 REPLIES 12
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Perkuto (Digesto) - RSS Feed for emailing blogs

Yes, they do. (I used to work at Perkuto). I happen to have used both systems for RSS feeds - mailchimp and Digesto.

The major difference is that Mailchimp works directly with your RSS but you have to have your list inside Mailchimp. If you have to pay Mailchimp, that's another cost (not that it is that much). But then you'd also have to sync Marketo leads to Mailchimp which is a bit of a pain because you don't get the behavior data back in Marketo.

Digesto is ideal because it pulls the RSS into the Marketo Program and uses your list to run the email automatically with more control than Mailchimp. You also can keep your list in one system and get all the behavioral data. This is my preferred option.

Moving to Digesto is pretty easy if you follow the tutorial and my guide.

If you have a lot of RSS feeds and a mess of lists on other systems like feedburner and mailchimp, take the time to come up with a migration plan.

1. Add Digesto and blog subscribe forms that go into Marketo
  2. pull the lists from other systems and add to the appropriate Blog program in Marketo
  3. once confirmed, take down the old feeds or lists.

but it might be more detailed for you. I had a potential project to do this over 10+ feeds and lists and get the forms up, so be careful.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the feedback. One more quick question.

We're focused on one internal RSS feed at the moment. How much does it cost to run Digesto monthly? I contacted them about pricing, but never heard back.

I appreciate it!

Thanks,

David

Justin_Norris1

David Pappalardo

Really sorry you did not hear back from us. Please send me an email at justin@perkuto.com and I will get you hooked up with pricing info. There is some variation based on volume so once we get your details we can give you a quick quote.

One other interesting Digesto note is we just had a major release allowing much more fine-grained control over the look and feel of your feeds. It is really cool stuff.

Spread your blog content...beautifully - Marketo & Salesforce - Consulting Services | Perkuto

For me the main benefit of Digesto vs. Mailchimp for RSS distribution is not having your data in a separate silo. If you are going to distribute your blog you also want to track engagement, score behavior, etc., and you can't do that if it's in another separate system.

Dan_Stevens_

Our organization has been wanting to extend automation/Marketo into our blog updates for some time now.  You may be hearing from us as well, Justin Norris

Justin_Norris1

Cool Dan Stevens​! Shoot me you email address and I'll connect you to the right person.

Dan_Stevens_

I tried to send you a PM but can't until we both follow each other.

Justin_Norris1

Thanks Dan Stevens​, just followed you back!

Josh_Hill13

I don't want to speak for Perkuto on pricing as it might have changed. It was VERY reasonable for up to 5 feeds /month.

They have a 14 day trial too and very good docs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello David,

I am very sorry for the delay in responding to your message yesterday. I just sent you a note with my contact details so that we can connect and provide you with a demo tour to help you visualize our solution. Please let me know what your preferred availabilities are so that we can schedule a 15-20min call.

Thank you And best regards,

Aaron Spicer @ Perkuto