Re: Pdfs in Design Studio or hosted somewhere else

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pdfs in Design Studio or hosted somewhere else

I'm curious what the advantage is of loading a pdf into design studio versus hosting it on s3? Currently our pdfs are hosted in s3 and I link to the url from a button. But of course this url is not part of our movableink subdomain. Are there advantages of loading into Marketo and using our subdomain? I'm wondering if this would pick tracking since it's a Marketo landing page, and since our s3 link away, there is no tracking.

Just wondering if there is a noticeable advantage from me moving all our pdfs on s3 over into design studio.

2 REPLIES 2
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Calon,

Quite honestly, there's no discernible difference whether a PDF is hosted on S3 or in Marketo itself. You could make a slight argument for using S3 if only for Cloudfront. When it comes to tracking any PDF, you do generally need to have JS fire to record that the PDF was viewed before the PDF itself is served to the user; typically that's either done with an intermediate page or a slight delay on the previous page for any Google Analytics/Marketo Munchkin/etc. trackers to fire.

Ronen-Was-SRpro
Level 7

I agree with Courtney, the only advantage is that you can find it in one place (Marketo) instead of looking around

Ronen Wasserman