Re: Pausing leads in Engagement programs and adding streams

Anonymous
Not applicable

Pausing leads in Engagement programs and adding streams

Hello,
I'm working on a lifecycle nurture engagement program. I have 3 questions:

1. For us, we want leads to stop receiving content from our early stage stream as soon as a lead is in sales hands- which for us means once they hit a lead score with X amount of points. However, the other 2 streams (which we have as recapture and retention) are both based on triggers. If I pause leads within the engagement program after they hit the amount of points, will they unpause automatically once they qualify for one of the triggers in the other 2 streams? Ideally, I want to send a lead emails until they are qualified for sales---> stop sending emails and let sales take over---> once sales has done their job and the contact gets marked as recycled, closed lost, closed won, etc., this will dictate which stream the lead goes into. So while I'd pause them after they go to sales, I'd want them to unpause as soon as they qualify for one of the other 2 streams.

2. It seems like I can add streams to an engagement program at any time with the use of smart campaigns correct? For instance, if I add stream 3 later, I could create a batch smart campaign that will enter all existing contacts into this stream, and then just create the transition rule (trigger). Just want to make sure a program can't be modified once leads start to receive content in any of the streams.

3. When you set your stream cadence, and it says "repeats" weekly- this just means they send out whatever piece of content is next in line at the time you specify, correct?. So if I set it for every 3 weeks, once a week, they'd receive the next email in line at this time. It doesn't mean every 3 weeks, once a week, they'll receive all of the content in the stream correct? Just want to clarify the word "repeats".

Thanks in advance!
Melissa
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi Melissa, you will need a smart campaign that will unpause them once they're eligible for one of the other streams. This is most likely just an additional flow step, since you will need some type of a triggered campaign for them to get into the remaining streams once they're qualified.

You can always add additional streams to your engagement programs. Your idea of batching people into a new stream once the stream has been created will work. One thing to keep mind is that transition rules pull people into a stream, they can't be pushed from a stream into another. 

For the cadence, if you set it to weekly, every 3 weeks, then the first cast would go out today and the next cast would go out 3 weeks from today. The second cast would go out 6 weeks from now. If someone qualifies tomorrow, they wouldn't receive any emails until the next cast which is 3 weeks from today. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Dory!

So for the stream, what if we have the cadence as every 2-3 weeks and one of the triggers we have set is when a new lead is created. This means new leads wouldn't be nurtured until the next cast- which potentially could be 3 weeks away (this would be a problem). Is there a way to allow for a stream to start right away when a trigger is set, but will receive the remaining emails according to the cadence?

Thanks again for your help, any insight would be great!
Melissa

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

No, you cannot do this.

You could run an entry flow that says 

Send Email 1
Add to Engagement Program Stream 1

that way they'd definitely get an email first thing.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Josh!! Makes sense.