SOLVED

Re: Parsing the OS/Device from the "User Agent" Activity field of New Leads into a Marketo Column?

Go to solution
Jon-Sun_Lu1
Level 2

Parsing the OS/Device from the "User Agent" Activity field of New Leads into a Marketo Column?

Hi Community,

Was wondering if anybody had a successful implementation of parsing the "User Agent" info that contains the device and OS that a new lead uses to convert/visit on your landing pages? (Outside of asking that info on a form, of course).

I can pull and append that info to leads in batches via the GET/rest/v1/activities.json API and matching it to the LeadId... but I was hoping there might be more automated way?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Parsing the OS/Device from the "User Agent" Activity field of New Leads into a Marketo Column?

That's just the navigator.userAgent. You can add it as a hidden field to form posts.

Note users will have multiple values as they move across devices. It's up to you whether to store all (in a history field) or one. I'd store all.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

That's just the navigator.userAgent. You can add it as a hidden field to form posts.

Note users will have multiple values as they move across devices. It's up to you whether to store all (in a history field) or one. I'd store all.

Jon-Sun_Lu1
Level 2

Ah perfect! Didn't realize it's something I could have just populated as a hidden form field. I'm going to go ahead with that route.

And good heads up on the multiple values aspect, i'll take that into consideration.

Thanks so much!!