Re: OptinMonster and Marketo forms

Irfan_Qureshi
Level 1

OptinMonster and Marketo forms

Hi,

I've just started testing OptinMonster to serve Marketo forms on our landing pages. I'm hitting two roadblocks at the moment with this and I was wondering if others have come across them as well?

1. The form loads 1 - 2 seconds after the page loads. I don't understand why there is a delay. Have others come across this issue?

2. I want to redirect visitors to another page after they successfully complete a form. However, no matter what javascript i use, it doesn't redirect.

If anyone has come across these issues and managed to solve them. I'd appreciate any insight

Ta.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

You haven't provided your sample page nor code so we don't really know what you've tried.

In general:

• You don't need to use any custom code to redirect after submission of a Marketo form, as it will use the configured Thank You URL set in Form Editor. You only need the Forms JS API if you need to override that behavior on the client side.
  • Marketo form descriptors (the metadata that describes the form DOM and validation/visibility behaviors, etc.) are fetched asynchronously and the form is built out when done. Depending on what other levels of indirection you have going on (like loading the forms library itself via a tag manager or whatever, and the latency added by OptinMonster) that will add time before rendering is complete. Again you haven't provided an actual example.
Gursimran_Chand
Level 4

As Sanford mention, you can configure Thank You URL if you want them to go to the same URL.

If you want to send to different URLs from a single form, select "Stay on Page" as thank you URL. And in the code, use 

InkedMarketo Code_LI.jpg

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hmm, the code in your screenshot will be blocked by a popup blocker though.

Also, you should add the aliId from the original Thank You URL to the custom Thank You URL, or you will have unexpected results when using Marketo LPs (when you're not using Marketo LPs it's harmless, so ideally it would always be added).