Re: Opt out link

Anonymous
Not applicable

Opt out link

I sent an email and was informed the opt-out link is not working.  This has never happened before.  How do I fix?
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

What about it isn't working? Was it on the email? Is the page broken?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh, there is a link in the email but the page is broken.  Here is the link:  <div style="text-align: center"><font face="Verdana" size="1">To view this email as a web page, <a href="%mkt_webview_url%?mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">click here</a><br /><br /></font></div>

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

That is the "view this page as a webpage" link. I assume you're not using that as your unsubscribe link, right?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually have no idea, all i know is that it doesn't work.  Is there a place in Marketo where I find the link to opt-out?
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

In the Admin > Email section, you should add this:

Unsubscribe HTML:
<p><font face="Verdana" size="1">This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may <a href="%mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##">unsubscribe</a> at any time. </font> </p>

Unsubscribe TEXT:
This email was sent to {{lead.Email Address}}. If you no longer wish to receive these emails you may unsubscribe here: %mkt_opt_out_prefix%UnsubscribePage.html?mkt_unsubscribe=1&mkt_tok=##MKT_TOK##.