SOLVED

Re: Opt-out forms - CASL

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opt-out forms - CASL

I am new to Marketo and I would like to know if anyone has leveraged a Marketo opt-out form with individual levels of opt-out based on content (ie. Newsletters, marketing info, events)? 
With Canada becoming CASL compliance, it would be beneficial to have individual opt-out content.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
it is not possible to have different versions of "unsubscribe" because there is just one global unsubscribe for everything. But you can offer a form where you can define which content you would like to receive (for example Product A, Product B, Product C, Corporate) and also offer the global unsubscribe for everything. Just setup additional field(s) and use them in the form.
After that just build up a landing page with a form that auto fills and that offers the different areas of content and also a unsubscribe.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Steffen

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes. This is easy to do, but requires some thought.

You can control the form to easily leave Opted Out checked or just have nothing checked.

Please see my chapter on this. There are also tons of ideas on the Community if you have something specific in mind.

http://www.slideshare.net/jdavidhill/marketo-email-reputation-management
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/marketing-rockstars-guide-to-marketo/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
it is not possible to have different versions of "unsubscribe" because there is just one global unsubscribe for everything. But you can offer a form where you can define which content you would like to receive (for example Product A, Product B, Product C, Corporate) and also offer the global unsubscribe for everything. Just setup additional field(s) and use them in the form.
After that just build up a landing page with a form that auto fills and that offers the different areas of content and also a unsubscribe.

Hope that helps.

Best regards

Steffen
Anonymous
Not applicable

Josh, just FYI - that first link gives me a 404.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think Slideshare is down, so it's not a problem with the link. It worked yesterday.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Steffen
Madhu_Gulati2
Level 3