Opportunity Analyzer Backfills Data?

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Opportunity Analyzer Backfills Data?

When analyzing an opportunity influence report, what if I notice that a key contact was not added as a contact role and add them after the opportunity closes? Will the analyzer backfill with the steps that contact took that may have contributed to my opportunity / successful sale? Or will it not include that person's information because the opportunity is closed?

1 REPLY 1
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Opportunity Analyzer Backfills Data?

Hi Christina,

Opportunity influence analyzer will show activity of people at an account on the graph whether someone is on the opportunity or not.  If you look on the right hand side it lists people on that account with contact roles and then below it contacts on the account with no contact roles.  If you are asking about MT or FT reports and whether the program that the person who wasn't on the opp before will get credit or not will depend on a few things.  If you add them after the close date, closed revenue will get credit.  If you want to back date data, check this article out on all the nuances of back dating data and it's affect on attribution reporting.  https://nation.marketo.com/community/champion/blog/2016/09/08/what-you-need-to-know-to-get-ft-and-mt...

A screen shot might help to make sure I understand which report you are talking about.