Operational emails exclude global footer?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Operational emails exclude global footer?

Do operational emails go out without the global unsubscribe footer? I know they override unsub settings, but I'm seeing operational emails that get delivered without our footer.
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Operational emails exclude global footer?

Just tried one myself, that seems to be the case.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you mean the default unsub footer, yes that seems to be true.

I'd have a footer hard coded to the email template as well if that's an issue for you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Drew,
Operational emails are meant to be non-marketing emails. They are purely information and thus do not require an unsubscribe.

If you are making Marketing emails operational, I would highly recommend that you manually put in the unsubscribe link to comply with spam laws. You can do so easily with the token {{system.unsubscribeLink}}

Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough, but I was under the impression that we need to include at least our address and company on any emails, including auto-responders. It would at least be nice to have the ability to separate overriding the unsub/suspend flags vs. excluding the footer.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure what the regulations are like on that Drew, but we just incorporated our location and # into the footer of the actual email template so that it always shows.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, we thought about that Caleb, but we have a whole bunch of templates and it would be a pain to update them all.