SOLVED

Open Tracking Pixel Location

Go to solution
Chelsea_Fiegen
Level 1

Open Tracking Pixel Location

We have a monthly newsletter that had a significant dip in opens this month. The one big difference I was noticing is that the length of this month's newsletter was a lot longer than typical, to the point where it was clipped in Gmail. 

I was wondering if getting clipped would prevent the tracking pixel from being downloaded if someone just opens it in their email client without expanding it? Is the tracking pixel at the bottom of the email?

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Open Tracking Pixel Location

Marketo places the tracking pixel at the bottom of the tracked emails. I've experienced that when the email gets clipped, I don't see the open activity in the act log until I click the View Entire Message at the bottom of the email (snapshot below) which is when the email opens in a new tab (and the corresponding email opens activity gets logged in the person act log).

Darshil_Shah1_0-1676653612568.png

You should also factor in how un-reliable the open email metric is due to email scanner activities and in case people view the email w/o loading images.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Open Tracking Pixel Location

Marketo places the tracking pixel at the bottom of the tracked emails. I've experienced that when the email gets clipped, I don't see the open activity in the act log until I click the View Entire Message at the bottom of the email (snapshot below) which is when the email opens in a new tab (and the corresponding email opens activity gets logged in the person act log).

Darshil_Shah1_0-1676653612568.png

You should also factor in how un-reliable the open email metric is due to email scanner activities and in case people view the email w/o loading images.