Re: One-to-many Marketo Custom Object

Reyna_Fundador2
Level 1

One-to-many Marketo Custom Object

Hello,

I am trying to set-up a personalized email for our internal account executives about their loss opps. My dilemma is that there are multiple opportunity in one AE. An AE could have 6 accounts and I want to be able to put them all in one email rather than sending them individually and getting them spammed with emails. I can't figure out how to connect these data points all in one AE email since Marketo will dedupe email addresses. Does anyone have a thought of a workaround for this? Please help!

There are data points I want to include in the email for example this. 

Email Address Competitor Name(s) Customer Name Opportunity Name Deal Close Date Total Bookings (USD) Contact Name Contact Title Contact Email
John.doe@marketo.com Test Customer1 opp1 4/29/20 $13,284 ContactName1 VP of IT contactEmail1
John.doe@marketo.com test3 Customer2 opp2 4/3/20 $2,700 ContactName2 CEO contactEmail2
John.doe@marketo.com test6 Customer3 opp3 4/14/20 $2,250 ContactName3 CTO contactEmail3
John.doe@marketo.com test7 Customer4 opp4 6/12/20 $2,400 ContactName4 VP Architecture contactEmail4
John.doe@marketo.com test6 Customer5 opp5 7/21/20 $8,000 ContactName5 VP Architecture contactEmail5

The email would look something like this 

Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 10.51.29 AM.png

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Fundamentally, you need to use a Velocity ("Email Script") {{my.token}} to include multiple records from the Opportunity list in a single email.

Harish_Gupta6
Level 8

I have implemented the same scenario (Not for the opportunity but for B2C abandoned cart use case) 

I run the for each loop on my custom object using velocity script and pulled all the attributes values and displayed in the email:

eg 

#foreach( $object in $CustomObject)

#set($CustomerName= $object.CustomerName)

#set($OpportunityName= $object.OpportunityName)

#end

PS: thanks to Sanford. He helped me in this as well 🙂

Harish Gupta