Re: One Marketo Instance/Two CRMs

Anonymous
Not applicable

One Marketo Instance/Two CRMs

When using two different CRMs, is it possible to use one instance of Marketo, or would we need one instance of Marketo to connect to Salesforce and another instance of Marketo to connect to Microsoft Dynamics? Thank you in advance for sharing your knowledge and experience.

6 REPLIES 6
Julz_James
Level 10

Hi Glorie,

As far as I'm aware you can only sync on CRM at a time to one instance.  You may be able to get some middleware that can sync the two into one but I don't believe Marketo does this as part of their package?  Unless, of course, there has been a recent upgrade?

Thanks

Juli

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Glorie,

Basically there is a 1:1 relationship with Marketo and SFDC. 1 instance syncs to 1 instance.

Wyatt_Bales4
Level 4

Hi Glorie,

As others have confirmed, natively you can only have 1 CRM integration. However, many customers have 2+ lead partitions and use either a middleware tool (e.g. Boomi, Informatica, Mulesoft) or create a custom web service to sync this other lead partition to their other CRM.

This solution works well as long as you don't have the same record in both CRM's because then you would be using Marketo as a mediator pushing updates from one system to another which isn't ideal.

Ben_Griffith1
Level 3

If it makes sense from a business perspective to use one instance of Marketo, you can hook it up to either SFDC or Dynamics CRM (just one) and I would suggest SFDC.  And then you can use an integration tool to sync data between the synced CRM system and the other one.

We just finished a project here where 2 SFDC instances are used, 1 synced to Marketo and both synced to each other using Informatica Cloud and Informatica Cloud Real Time.

Cheers,

Ben

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Glorie!

I've also had to deal with the multiple CRM instance challenge. Marketo's native connectors don't support this, but Bedrock Data is a third party tool for marketers to connect Marketo to multiple CRM instances, and manage the rules for which data syncs.

Regards,

Rob Woodbury

Zak_Pines5
Level 4

Thanks Rob. We recently created a page on BedrockData.com talking to this multi-instance use case:

Multiple Marketo or CRM Instances | Bedrock Data