SOLVED

One Click Registration

Go to solution
jskerry
Level 1

One Click Registration

Currently researching one click registration options for email invitations. Trying to streamline event registration for my company, and want to know if anyone has experience with systems/flows that help registrants bypass forms and automatically register when they click a link. 

We currently use a goldcast hook that triggers when user fill out their information on the event landing page. 

There is a similar question on this blog from 2013 here, but I am curious if there are any newer solutions. Thanks 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: One Click Registration

I'm rather dubious about the idea of one-click registrations as it involves bypassing a form-fill out and registering people based on just a CTA link click and/or a webpage visit which IMO could easily bloat your registrations up with activities from email scanners. You can always set up the form-prefill so that when a known person lands on the LP from a tracked link in an email, they have their data prefilled in the form, and they can straight-away make a form submit. I think one more click for submitting a form is worth the trade-off of not letting the false registration emails go out to people due to the activities of email scanners.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I'm rather dubious about the idea of one-click registrations as it involves bypassing a form-fill out and registering people based on just a CTA link click and/or a webpage visit which IMO could easily bloat your registrations up with activities from email scanners. You can always set up the form-prefill so that when a known person lands on the LP from a tracked link in an email, they have their data prefilled in the form, and they can straight-away make a form submit. I think one more click for submitting a form is worth the trade-off of not letting the false registration emails go out to people due to the activities of email scanners.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@jskerry definitely listen to Darshil here — “one click” might as well be called “non-human”. You want to keep your numbers accurate and letting mail scanners register people is only going to cause confusion.