SOLVED

Re: Omit certain recipients from a Nurture Campaign

Go to solution
ChrisR
Level 2

Omit certain recipients from a Nurture Campaign

Hello all,
I am creating a nurture engagement program where the main point of difference is country of citizenship.

There are points throughout the year where people from certain countries of citizenship must be paused from receiving content whereas others can continue to receive content.  I am after advice regarding best practice for this set-up, namely;

- Is it best to set-up two campaigns allowing only people from certain countries to each based on needs.

Or

- Can I create one campaign and allow recipients from all countries into the flow and then pause recipients from certain countries from receiving content for a specified period of time by using a smart campaign?

If this is the case, what would be best practice to;

- Pause certain people from the campaign while others remain receiving content per usual.

- What would be the process to 'un-pause' these people at a certain point in time and have them receiving the nurture emails in the same point in the flow as they were in prior to being paused.

Many thanks for your assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

I always recommend people to create a nurture eligibility smart list based on the nurture criteria that they've identified to see how many people are eligible to receive the nurture at any point in time.

Technically, I don't prefer adding people who're not eligible to receive nurture emails to an engagement program, only to pause their nurture cadence immediately after. You should add people as and when they become eligible for the engagement program (i.e., when they appear in your eligibility SL), similarly you can continue to change the cadence to Paused state for the people who're ineligible to receive emails. Typically, I like to set up inbound entry and watchdog campaigns that add new members and pause members who're no longer eligible to receive nurture emails from the EP.

- What would be the process to 'un-pause' these people at a certain point in time and have them receiving the nurture emails in the same point in the flow as they were in prior to being paused.

Create a campaign that'd change people's Engagement program cadence back to the Normal state. When a person's cadence is changed to the Normal state, they do not restart in an EP stream, rather they resume/continue receiving content from the point where-in they'd been Paused from the EP.

In general, I like to keep the EP simple - add people who're eligible, pause people who're no longer eligible, and un-pause people who're re-eligible to receive the content from the engagement program. Of course, setting up the campaigns is not always that simple, but I hope you get the overall idea.

I hope this helps shed some light on your queries. Please let us know if you have any questions. 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

I always recommend people to create a nurture eligibility smart list based on the nurture criteria that they've identified to see how many people are eligible to receive the nurture at any point in time.

Technically, I don't prefer adding people who're not eligible to receive nurture emails to an engagement program, only to pause their nurture cadence immediately after. You should add people as and when they become eligible for the engagement program (i.e., when they appear in your eligibility SL), similarly you can continue to change the cadence to Paused state for the people who're ineligible to receive emails. Typically, I like to set up inbound entry and watchdog campaigns that add new members and pause members who're no longer eligible to receive nurture emails from the EP.

Create a campaign that'd change people's Engagement program cadence back to the Normal state. When a person's cadence is changed to the Normal state, they do not restart in an EP stream, rather they resume/continue receiving content from the point where-in they'd been Paused from the EP.

In general, I like to keep the EP simple - add people who're eligible, pause people who're no longer eligible, and un-pause people who're re-eligible to receive the content from the engagement program. Of course, setting up the campaigns is not always that simple, but I hope you get the overall idea.

I hope this helps shed some light on your queries. Please let us know if you have any questions. 🙂

ChrisR
Level 2

Many thanks Darshil, extremely insightful.  

Darshil_Shah1

You're very welcome. Glad that you found the comment insightful. Please feel free to post your questions in the community.