SOLVED

Nurturing Program: Deactivated and then activated again

Go to solution
GenerixGroup_ES
Level 1

Nurturing Program: Deactivated and then activated again

Good morning,
I would like to know if, once a nurturing campaign has been started, and the first e-mail has been sent to the whole target group. If I subsequently deactivate the campaign, what will happen if I activate it again? Will the target of my nurturing e-mail campaign receive the first e-mail again, or will the process be resumed and they will receive the second one?
Thank you for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Melissa_Day
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Re: Nurturing Program: Deactivated and then activated again

Great question! Assuming you are talking about activating/deactivating an engagement program or one of its streams -- the program resumes where it left off. If you add an email earlier in the stream, it would be sent to anyone still enrolled in the stream.

If you are talking about deactivating a smart campaign, then existing members of the campaign would have still continued running through it, even though it was deactivated. Deactivating a smart campaign blocks anyone new from entering the campaign, so turning it back on would allow new members to be enrolled.

Does that help?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Melissa_Day
Level 3 - Champion Alumni

Great question! Assuming you are talking about activating/deactivating an engagement program or one of its streams -- the program resumes where it left off. If you add an email earlier in the stream, it would be sent to anyone still enrolled in the stream.

If you are talking about deactivating a smart campaign, then existing members of the campaign would have still continued running through it, even though it was deactivated. Deactivating a smart campaign blocks anyone new from entering the campaign, so turning it back on would allow new members to be enrolled.

Does that help?

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

@Melissa_Day  is spot on on both counts. And really good to highlight the smart campaign dynamics. Many people are unaware that people already in a flow will complete it, even if you deactivate the smart campaign.

GenerixGroup_ES
Level 1

Thanks so much Melissa!! 

I was referring to exactly the first case you mentioned.

Thank you very much for your answer