SOLVED

Re: Nurture Program - how many leads were pushed back into nurturing.

Go to solution
royaabdi
Level 1

Nurture Program - how many leads were pushed back into nurturing.

I’d like to figure out for those leads that left the stream and converted, but were pushed back into nurturing, what stream they are in or what content they’re receiving.

Second question:

The nurture cadence that I have set up in Marketo which all leads are automatically put into as soon as they are uploaded into Marketo - once they go through it and convert to an MQL, is there the possibility that they re-enter that same stream if they are pushed back into the nurture bucket or disqualified from an MQL? I'm trying to figure out if they receive the same email content as the first time they are uploaded into our system if they are disqualified later on.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, you can reference the below SL criteria! You'd need to update/modify the filters based on the nurture transitions and also what means conversion in your Marketo instance. Whether it is, Converted status on the Person Status field, RCM stage transition, etc.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1670440213740.png

But this SL criteria clearly comes with a lot of caveats and assumptions -

1. You don't have a flow to remove people from the EP(s) (most people don't remove people from the program, but worth mentioning).

2. You have transition rules to move people to a different stream when they exhaust the content, if you have the campaign to manage the exhausted people transitions, then you can reference the campaign membership criteria as well instead of filter #2 (and that'd be more accurate than using the Engagement Program Stream Changed filter, as non-exhausted people could also be added to a different stream.

3. You'd wanna use the Date of Activity in the Converted status filter to be after the EP was launched, else you'd have people in the SL that'd have converted before the EP went live.

You'd most certainly not be able to pull a very accurate result of people using SL, as you'd not have just EP driving your lead journey, EP would essentially be a part of what contributed towards the conversion but not just the sole reason. And, of course, not leaving behind the fact that the CDV activity is only preserved for 90 days from the date of activity. You'd wanna do an activity export of members with conversion status using API, and analyze if their conversion date is after they'd changed the stream (if that's really what you're looking for).

Also, once the leads received the last email in the stream, don’t the leads get removed from the nurture program stream automatically?

Nope, they're marked as exhausted leads (check the Exhausted Content column in the Members tab of the EP), Marketo wouldn't transition them to a different stream until you have a campaign flow/transition rule for it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Darshil_Shah1

@royaabdi wrote:

I’d like to figure out for those leads that left the stream and converted, but were pushed back into nurturing, what stream they are in or what content they’re receiving.

I guess you could create an SL with a relevant filter configuration to view such leads! You may use the "Engagement Program Stream Changed" filter with apt constraints AND the person is converted to see converted people whose EP stream was changed, but this won't accurately tell you the time reference of them getting converted relative to their EP's stream getting changed (i.e., whether they were converted before or after their stream was changed).

You can also add in a Member of Engagement Program filter with apt. EP selected and the Cadence constraint set to Normal to only see people currently receiving the nurture. You can cross-reference people in SL with people in the Members tab of the EP to see in which stream they're in currently (you can export the data from both sources (SL and Program Members tab) and do a lookup).

Second question:

The nurture cadence that I have set up in Marketo which all leads are automatically put into as soon as they are uploaded into Marketo - once they go through it and convert to an MQL, is there the possibility that they re-enter that same stream if they are pushed back into the nurture bucket or disqualified from an MQL? I'm trying to figure out if they receive the same email content as the first time they are uploaded into our system if they are disqualified later on.

Well, Marketo's EP is intelligent enough to not resend the same email/content to a person (even if they were sent the email by another campaign/program outside of the EP). EP would send the next unsent email/content present in the stream during the next cast.

I hope this makes sense. Please let us know if you have questions.

royaabdi
Level 1

Are you able to show me a screenshot how the filter would be set up? 

Also, once the leads received the last email in the stream, don’t the leads get removed from the nurture program stream automatically?

Darshil_Shah1

Well, you can reference the below SL criteria! You'd need to update/modify the filters based on the nurture transitions and also what means conversion in your Marketo instance. Whether it is, Converted status on the Person Status field, RCM stage transition, etc.

Darshil_Shah1_0-1670440213740.png

But this SL criteria clearly comes with a lot of caveats and assumptions -

1. You don't have a flow to remove people from the EP(s) (most people don't remove people from the program, but worth mentioning).

2. You have transition rules to move people to a different stream when they exhaust the content, if you have the campaign to manage the exhausted people transitions, then you can reference the campaign membership criteria as well instead of filter #2 (and that'd be more accurate than using the Engagement Program Stream Changed filter, as non-exhausted people could also be added to a different stream.

3. You'd wanna use the Date of Activity in the Converted status filter to be after the EP was launched, else you'd have people in the SL that'd have converted before the EP went live.

You'd most certainly not be able to pull a very accurate result of people using SL, as you'd not have just EP driving your lead journey, EP would essentially be a part of what contributed towards the conversion but not just the sole reason. And, of course, not leaving behind the fact that the CDV activity is only preserved for 90 days from the date of activity. You'd wanna do an activity export of members with conversion status using API, and analyze if their conversion date is after they'd changed the stream (if that's really what you're looking for).

Nope, they're marked as exhausted leads (check the Exhausted Content column in the Members tab of the EP), Marketo wouldn't transition them to a different stream until you have a campaign flow/transition rule for it.