Re: Notifications to Sales Reps.

Jessica_Korn
Level 3

Notifications to Sales Reps.

We have legacy leads in Salesforce assigned to sales reps. who are no longer with the company. This means when a lead comes back to our site and starts rescoring, an alert is sent to this rep. (no longer with us). 

Originally, we were going to do a re-assignment cleanup in SFDC, so that all leads previously assigned to old sales reps would be re-assigned to existing sales reps. However,it has been suggested that we could just leave legacy sales reps. without change but adjust the Marketo notification mechanisms to alert instead the Organization Owner to which the contact is associated...

Is this possible? If so, how do we do this?

6 REPLIES 6
Sara_Greaves
Level 5

Hi Jess,

Are you asking how to send an alert to the account owner instead of the lead owner (because the lead owner was a sales rep who left the company)?

Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If that is the case Jess, in the "send alert" flow step, you can select "Send To: Account Owner" instead of the default "Send To: Lead Owner".

Sara_Greaves
Level 5

Jess Korn​ - what Devraj said! You can find out who the contact and account owners are by looking in salesforce. I do it pretty quickly through a salesforce report.

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

Alternatively, you can also set up conditions in the Send Alert step checking if the User Type is inactive or not, and if they are, send an alert to a queue or an alias.

Jessica_Korn
Level 3

Thanks, everyone! I think I'll test Devraj's answer first. That seems to make the most sense.

Joe_Reitz
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This doesn't really answer your question, but another helpful trick I like to use - particularly for sales leadership roles that tend to shuffle and get reorganized fairly regularly - is to tokenize the intended alert recipients. Do it at a high enough level, and you never have to worry about where the smart campaigns live that control XYZ alerts... just modify the tokens and you're done!

Last time I did this, it was for a vertically-oriented marketing strategy, so someone owned healthcare, someone else had higher ed, and on and on. Every two or three months, it seemed like those players changed or someone started reporting to someone else and priorities shifted.. Standard corporate fare . The tokens were set up like:

{{my.Healthcare-Leader}} - Value = thatguy@mycompany.com.

{{my.HE-Leader}} - Value = thatotherguy@mycompany.com

Made things so much easier with a salesforce that had higher-than-average turnover.

If it doesn't look cool, you're probably doing it wrong.