Re: Not Working - Marketo Campaign Triggered by SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Not Working - Marketo Campaign Triggered by SFDC

I have set up a drip campaign for one of our sales people and am using SFDC to trigger everything in Marketo. However, I am not having any luck getting the emails to send through and am hoping someone can help me shed some light on this before I connect with my rep! Note: The reason I went with a drip campaign vs. a traditional nurture / engagement layout is purely due to the simplicity of the process here (only three emails and only requiring a lead to open to qualify for follow up).

Campaign Synopsis: I want to send our sales person's B & C-type leads up to three emails to open the sales conversation. The rep will add the desired lead to the entry point campaign in SFDC (Test Sales Outreach 1), and that addition should trigger the first email to go to the lead. If the lead opens the email, they are pulled out of the two future campaigns. If the lead doesn't open email 1, they will be sent email 2 a week later. If they open email two, they are removed from getting email three; if they do not open email 2, they will receive email 3 a week after that. After email 3, the lead is left alone.

SFDC and Marketo Layout:

• SFDC
    • Three campaigns set up (they all belong to one Parent Campaign)
      1. Test Sales Outreach 1
      2. Test Sales Outreach 2
      3. Test Sales Outreach 3

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 1.57.07 PM.png

• Marketo
    • Three email campaigns set up
      1. Sales Outreach 1
      2. Sales Outreach 2
      3. Sales Outreach 3
    • Once the lead is added to the Test Sales Outreach 1 SFDC campaign, there is the "Added to SFDC Campaign" trigger for the smartlist in Marketo, followed by the actions to "Send Test Email 1" + Add Interesting Moment + Request Campaign "Send Test Email 2" (see following screenshots):

Added To SFDC Campaign Trigger (chose the first actionable campaign, not the parent campaign)

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 1.54.49 PM.png

Flow Process to Send Email Upon Addition to SFDC Campaign

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 1.59.01 PM.png

Following Emails:

• Sales Outreach 2
    • Smartlist = Campaign is Requested = "Marketo Flow Action" (as per the Request Campaign item above) and Not Opened Email = "Sales Outreach Email 1"
    • Flow is to Send Email 2, followed by Request Campaign "Sales Outreach 3"
  • Sales Outreach 3
    • Smartlist = Campaign is Requested = "Marketo Flow Action" (as per the Request Campaign item above) and Not Opened Email = "Sales Outreach Email 2"
    • Flow is only to Send Email 3 (no request campaign as this is the end of the line for any lead that gets this far)

For testing purposes, I have allowed leads to go through the flow more than once and have the "Wait" on emails set to 5 minutes (when live, leads will only be able to go through once and the "Wait" will be one week).

Any help/insight is appreciated!

Michelle

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

An addition that I missed before - the results in Marketo are showing that I am added to the campaign:

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 2.23.49 PM.png

So there is something not quite working between the addition to the campaign and Marketo. Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you share a screenshot of your test lead's Activity Log with no filters applied?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Emily,

Replying to both your questions here!

I haven't received an email today after changing to the "Added to SFDC Campaign" nor after Thursday's test where we had "Request Campaign" and it was set to Sales Insight (and yes we do have Sales Insight ).

I have included the Marketo Results of my test lead activity above - there are no filters applied. Is that the view you mean?

Alternatively, here are two other sets of information:

Marketo Sales Insights

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 2.38.05 PM.png

SFDC Campaign History

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 2.38.34 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm that is odd. Can you click on the lead from the Results tab in the Smart Campaign and share the Activity Log there?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here are two sets of results based on two tests I did:

October 1 - Originally we had the Smartlist as Campaign Is Requested = Source is Sales Insight

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 2.46.27 PM.png

October 5 - Changed Smartlist to Added to SFDC Campaign (as original smartlist set up didn't work)

Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 2.47.48 PM.png

Note: Ignore the "Skipped" item at the bottom of the second image; I hadn't changed to allow leads through more than once for testing purposes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have Communications Limits active on this campaign? That could be preventing the test from working.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually I did! Had them set to a limit of one per day.

Changed it for now to three times, removed and re-added myself to the campaign and....nothing...

I cannot figure out what I have missed!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Remove the limits completely for the testing phase. If it still doesn't work, I'd submit a ticket.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My other note was a little confusing. I mean to ignore the limits in this trigger campaign only.

Communication-Limits.png