Re: Not Working - Marketo Campaign Triggered by SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, after I wrote that last message I checked within the Smart Campaign itself and the settings were like that.

However, in the main Program Setup, it was set to block non-operational emails if the lead has reached communications limits. I'm changing that to "Ignore limit" now in both spots and testing.

Stand by!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I feel like we have tried everything between us! That didn't work but I am still seeing myself show up in the results page of the campaign so SOMETHING is talking between Marketo and SFDC...

I thought about turning Campaign Sync on - would that make a difference or mess things up given that we are asking Marketo to see what SFDC is doing anyways (in the smartlist)?

If not, I will wait until tomorrow in case anyone else has any suggestions we might have missed, and then send a ticket in.

I really REALLY appreciate all your troubleshooting with me Emily - thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable

To confirm, you haven't received the email - even when you were removed from the SFDC Campaign and added yourself with the Marketo trigger live?

Just double checking, do you have Marketo Sales Insights? I've trained our reps on adding to nurtures that way and wondering if you had thought of using that instead.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is still causing a problem for you, but a couple of things to check:

1. In the activity log for the leads you are testing with, can you see the "Add to SFDC Program" and "Change Program Status" firing / being picked up? (from your screen shot it looks like you can)
  2. Are any of the actions in your flow blocked? Check in the Admin - Field Mgmt that fields etc. that you are updating in your flow are not blocking updates.
  3. Ask support to check the back-end configuration to confirm that async triggers and async request processor have not been disabled for some reason (we had a similar issue on an old sandbox instance and this turned out to be the cause).

In the set up we were testing we have Campaign Sync enabled between the Program and Salesforce.

HTHs,

Tom

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the added points.

It was actually a really simple fix - for some reason the original email that I tested the flow with (mine) had gotten loaded into our Marketing Suspended list so that was preventing any more emails coming to me. Then I ran into an issue where that email was counting as Open and so stopped the flow for that address (which is fine on that side as I want that to happen but was testing the automation here).

I then tested with a separate email that I knew hadn't been in our system at all and managed to get everything flowing smoothly

I wasn't able to close out this issue but listed it as Answered - just in case anyone has similar experiences in the future, perhaps they can use this thread for assistance.

Thank you again!

Michelle