SOLVED

NOT Solved - accidentally selected Imported CSV file, email addresses not showing up

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

NOT Solved - accidentally selected Imported CSV file, email addresses not showing up

We're trying to send out our newsletter, but when we import the CSV doc to the email program, the emails addresses do not import. Does anyone know what could be going wrong?

(Note: We didn't chose auto detect for File Format, but rather CSV)
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NOT Solved - accidentally selected Imported CSV file, email addresses not showing up

Did you make sure you are mapping the email addess field in your csv file to the email address field in Marketo in step 2 of the import process??
I always choose 'auto detect' and i never have issues uploading.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NOT Solved - accidentally selected Imported CSV file, email addresses not showing up

Did you make sure you are mapping the email addess field in your csv file to the email address field in Marketo in step 2 of the import process??
I always choose 'auto detect' and i never have issues uploading.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whoops. I hit Best Answer by accident.

Yes, we correctly mapped the field in the second step, so that's not the issue
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

if the leads are already in the system, then they won't be imported. They could just be added to a static list.

w/o seeing your system, I cannot tell what might be going wrong.
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Kim,

In the stage, areyou sure that you're setting your Email column to 'Email Address'?  Similarly named field sometimes cause this issue when the incorrect field is chosen.