SOLVED

Newsletter Subscribe on Web Site

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Newsletter Subscribe on Web Site

Hello,

I am needing to add an email subscribe button (link) on my web site homepage that drives people to sign-up page.  

I see there are some Marketo pre-built pages. Has anyone used these pre-built pages? I know when working in Constant Contact they have a code for your home page button and a pre-built email subscribe landing page. Does anyone know if Marketo has something like this?

Otherwise my thought is to just create a landing page and link the homepage button to the landing page. The landing page would include a form to subscribe. 

Thanks,

Katie
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Newsletter Subscribe on Web Site

Hi Katie,

Embedding the code on your home page would probably be your best bet, since it's likely a higher visibility page and you'd want it to work elegantly. I've helped many clients do exactly this, but here is a great article to get you started:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LHD3CAO

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

I haven't used any templates, but I just built a simple iframe containing an email address field and use that on sidebars of the website. This reduces the friction of having to click buttons and go through a process to subscribe.

I also built a preference center, which is a little more complicated, but Josh Hill has a good guide here: http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/subscription-management-basics-for-marketo-25/ and Edward Masson also has a good guide here: www.slideshare.net/mased01/subscription-center-bmug
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Thanks for the shout out Matt!

Katie,

You should do something like what Matt suggests. Marketo doesn't have anything pre-built. You get to decide how and when things happen. For your situation, make the following:

Program: "newsletter sign up"
Form: Newsletter Sign Up with Email Address, hidden field=subscribe=true, button=sign me up
Flow: Fills Out Form: Change Status=Converted and whatever else you want.

Yes, you can make a page for this and/or use the iframe. BUT you can also go to the Form and get the embed code. Take that code and place it on your site. If you have an html coder, you can have them help you make it prettier.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Katie,

Embedding the code on your home page would probably be your best bet, since it's likely a higher visibility page and you'd want it to work elegantly. I've helped many clients do exactly this, but here is a great article to get you started:

https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000LHD3CAO
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great information and very informative articles!  I plan to chat with our developer to come up with the best solution, but it sounds like I have a couple great options.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck, Katie. Let us know if you need additional help.