Drip Campaign Program Help

Anonymous
Not applicable

Drip Campaign Program Help

I am working on creating a simple drip campaign but don't understand how the program piece works. I have my stream set with 4 emails and the cadence. I need to know how to track the opens, clicks, set triggers, etc for each email.

Do I have to create a smart campaign for everything I want tracked for every email? Or is there a way to just set up one set of smart campaigns for them all?

For example: I  want to track Email #1 open and clicks, Email #2 open and clicks, etc..

Thanks!
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Drip Campaign Program Help

Engagements track Opens and Clicks and compile that into a score called the Engagement Score. it is based on all Marketo customers' data.

If you want to track these separately as a Program Status (which is what I do), you can do this:

1. Make sure you adjust the Channel Tags>Status in Admin.
2. Add the corresponding Smart campaigns to the Engagement. I usually put them in a folder called "Statuses":

-Opens 
-Clicks
-Fills out form
-Engaged
-etc..

The reason to do this separately is that each is a trigger based on the criteria you choose. It's easy to troubleshoot errors when you separate out the statuses like this.

The other option, which is what you may be after is to track individual email success. The better way to do this is add an Email Performance Report to your Engagement. Change the criteria to include only emails you want (default is "this program"). The report will display all the emails sent and their results. Remember to adjust the timeframe.
Anonymous
Not applicable

So do you do step #2 for each email in the stream?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blair,

You select the emails you want to include in the report so you really only need one. No need for multiple reports. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blair, Tim is right. Just pull up an email performance report in the Analytics section and call the emails you want to include in the report in the smartlist and voila.