newletter template for all email clients

Anonymous
Not applicable

newletter template for all email clients

Has anyone found (or created) a newsletter template for Marketo that looks decent in most (all?) email clients?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: newletter template for all email clients

Depends how you want it to look.

Yes, definitely can be done. I'd reach out to Grazitti or Perkuto for help in designing one.

Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Hi Annette!

Long story short: it depends on what your outcome is.

• Are you looking for a solid one or two column template, several segment blocks, something stylized?
  • Is your business the type that needs to worry about Outlook 2003 compatibility, Yahoo! in Firefox or both?
  • Are there certain design elements that are part of your brand that need to incorporated? Any brand management principles?
  • Is mobile usability (e.g., Apple Human Interface Guidelines) going to trump style for desktop clients?

Once you know what you're looking for, it's much easier to give a solid recommendation that meets your needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

yes, usability trumps design, in all cases -- mobile and desktop.

And it has to look okay in ALL email clients (Outlook included).

It's a newsletter, so there are many "stories" (up to 10) and content peices, as well as graphics and photos taht change with each "edition."  Length will vary with each send.  Looking for a template so each newsletter edition does not have to be recreated from scratch.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How familiar are you with HTML/CSS? There are several responsive templates in the library, but may need to be tweaked for your needs. We use templates and custom built email templates based on previous designs, but I am rather experienced with HTML, CSS and Marketo.

If this is something that I can help with, please let me know.

Here are the Marketo Responsive templates. Responsive Email | Marketo Templates

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

I'd also look into knak. , whose downloadable Marketo email (and landing page!) templates are responsive, so they should work well in a wide variety of clients and browsers. I think you get to edit one for free when you first sign up.