Re: New to Marketo?

Anonymous
Not applicable

New to Marketo?

How do you best learn about Marketo? Are you just purely learning from University or are there our recommendations that people have? I'm curious to know...
Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Matt_Stone2
Level 9

Depends what you're trying to learn. If you're switching to Marketo from a different marketing automation program and just trying to learn what buttons do what, or if you're completely new to marketing automation.

University and the discussions are great to create a foundation, but I find I learn best by diving in and working with it. Start building out programs that you'd use, even if they're just tests for now. When you hit a wall, search in the community and most likely someone has asked the question--if not, ask it yourself.

There's plenty to learn and you can only get so far before just jumping in the deep end.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ash,

Check out their foundation course to get clear with the basics and then actually start hands on - they may be all tests as Matt said but start them. The guides are quiet helpful. You can start with email campaigns, website tracking and then the other modules - decide what are your top priorities.

Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable

hi kavita

what is foundation course ? Can you pls send some links so that we can start.

Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Hassan, 

When you are in the community at the top click "university" then on the left side click courses. The foundation courses are the basics 2 courses that come free with your marketo subscription, you just have to register. There are also other courses that you can watch as often as you want for different topics. 

Hope that helps!
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

You can also use my Guide:
http://www.marketingrockstarguides.com/marketing-rockstars-guide-to-marketo/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Kirsten and Josh you for help.

Much Appreciated.

Best Regards,

Hassan
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ashton,

While this is an old posting in the community, we just launched the University portal and one of our Learning Paths is titled, "New to Marketo?".  it provides 6 - 7 short tutorials that should get you started.  You can find this Learning Path by:

1. Typing "new" under the Browse section.

2. Click the Search icon.

3. Select New to Marketo (formerly Basics I) curriculum and Enroll.

or

This link should take you to the Learning Path to enroll directly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to build a roadmap to get my Marketo Expert Certification and I wanted to find out how long each course section (1-7) are so I can plan how long these will take for me to get through. Would you be able to provide this?