Re: New templates have a mind of their own

Anonymous
Not applicable

New templates have a mind of their own

Hi all.

I am having some problems with one of the new email templates. I am specifically using one for Events called Carnival.

I try to change the colour and when it arrives in my outlook inbox it still have remnants of the colour in the template. How do I change it completely to what we are using as brand colours? In the same template there is a circle with a date and when it arrives in my inbox it is a square! I have attached an image of what it should look like with proof of what it ends up looking like.

Is using this template more hassle than it's worth? the normal templates are hard enough to fudge but this one is proving even more difficult. Is there a known problem?

Many thanks for all advise and comments in advance.

Jess

5 REPLIES 5
Darrell_Alfons2
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

having similar issues as well

Tonya_Austin
Level 2

I have been using this template as well and the way the colors show in Outlook on the buttons is frustrating.  I believe that Outlook ignores the code that gives the button and the circle the rounded edges.  The default pink color showing up on the sides of the button is very frustrating though.  Fortunately, for the majority of our emails we do not use those section with the button.  I just created a custom version of the template for another project and changed the default button colors to the ones we use in our organization.  This still results in the thick border on the sides of the button, but at least it is the right color and not pink!  I am still deciding if I want to go with it or not because it still looks a little strange that way.

Trevor_Parsell
Level 6

Hey Jessica,

I've resorted to not using any of the built in buttons because this seems to always be an issue. Instead, I use this button template below within a text area of emails. It shows one version when viewed in outlook and another when displayed in other email clients. You just have to be sure to update both versions:

<table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td style="text-align: center;">

<div><!--[if mso]>

<a:roundrect

xmlns:a="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml"

xmlns:w="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word"

href="#"

style="height:43px; v-text-anchor:middle; width:200px;"

arcsize="8%"

strokecolor="#4C4C93"

fill="t">

<a:fill type="solid" color="#4C4C93" />

<w:anchorlock/>

<center style="color:#ffffff;

font-family:sans-serif;

font-size:13px;

font-weight:bold;">Read More</center>

</a:roundrect>

<![endif]--><a href="#" style="background-color: #4c4c93; border: 1px solid #4C4C93; border-radius: 4px; color: #ffffff; display: inline-block; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-weight: bold; line-height: 43px; text-align: center; text-decoration: none; width: 200px; -webkit-text-size-adjust: none; mso-hide: all;">Read More</a></div>

</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

Thanks!

Trevor

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Psyched to see the link tracking fix in there, Trevor!

Liz_Davalos
Level 3

You can use the pre-built templates in Marketo to make your own template by taking the html, editing colors, etc for your brand and adding it as a new template. Just go to Design Studio > Email > Templates.