SOLVED

Re: New Salesforce picklist values not synced to Marketo

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Salesforce picklist values not synced to Marketo

I have a custom field - Lead Source Description under a Lead Object in Salesforce. Recently I added a few new values to the Lead Source Description field picklist in SFDC and I thought new/delete picklist values should be auto sycned by Marketo but somehow the new values don't get sync to Marketo at all. I set up a smart list in Marketo to filter all the leads with those new values, but when those new values are not included in the Marketo picklist fo that lead. The new values of that field also don't show up in Campaign flow too.

Any idea what happend and how I can fix that?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

If you have a picklist field on both lead and contact objects in SFDC and these fields are mapped, make sure that the picklist values are updated and are exactly the same on both objects, otherwise Marketo will display only values that appear on both objects and the values added to only one of the objects will not sync through

For example, if you have Product Interest field on lead and object in SFDC with the following values in each field:

Lead: ProductA, ProductB, ProductC

In Marketo the Product Interest field will have following values:

Lead: ProductA, ProductB

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe call support?

If your SFDC and Marketo Sync user is set up properly, the new values should push across.

-Taylor

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the same issue! Did you manage to solve it?

John_M
Marketo Employee

Hi all. This help doc talks about this. Values in the picklist are not synched.

Add/Remove Picklist Values - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Anonymous
Not applicable

This doc deals with forms. What about adding multiple values in a smart list? Ex. I have a SFDC category field that recently had additional values added. They are not showing up in Marketo. This field isn't used by any forms.

Iryna_Zhuravel4
Level 8 - Champion Alumni

If you have a picklist field on both lead and contact objects in SFDC and these fields are mapped, make sure that the picklist values are updated and are exactly the same on both objects, otherwise Marketo will display only values that appear on both objects and the values added to only one of the objects will not sync through

For example, if you have Product Interest field on lead and object in SFDC with the following values in each field:

Lead: ProductA, ProductB, ProductC

In Marketo the Product Interest field will have following values:

Lead: ProductA, ProductB

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Iryna - Worked perfectly!

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I'm dealing with something similar - but what if I don't want the picklist values on both a lead and a contact field? I just created two new picklist values for a contact - to a field that is already synced with Marketo. From Marketo, though, I can't see the two new values from the dropdown in a flow, for example.

It seems you are saying that I'd need to additionally add the two picklist values to my leads in SFDC - but it is not a lead field. I don't want leads to be able to be put into these categories - they are only for contacts.

Is there another way to sync the new fields so they show up as choices in Marketo?