SOLVED

New lead, but same company as another lead

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

New lead, but same company as another lead

I wanted to set up a smart campaign that automatically assigns a lead to a sales person based on the fact that the sales person is already assigned to a lead from the company. 

For example, if Donna from Walmart downloads an asset and is assigned to Brian the sales person, I want to ensure that all leads from Walmart are assigned to Brian the sales person. 

Any suggestions on how to make this a smart campaign? Thanks!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

Re: New lead, but same company as another lead

You can't do that with a Smart Campaign because the scope is limited to the Lead that's going through the campaign: you can't look at other leads. 

Most importantly, I would recommend setting up Lead Assignment rules in the CRM system, because that's where you would normally manage lead ownership. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jep_Castelein2
Level 10

You can't do that with a Smart Campaign because the scope is limited to the Lead that's going through the campaign: you can't look at other leads. 

Most importantly, I would recommend setting up Lead Assignment rules in the CRM system, because that's where you would normally manage lead ownership. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Caitlin,

I am having success with this, but I use LeanData (Note - I am an employee and it is my company's product), but I am in Marketing Operations. I use our product in Salesforce and Marketo. Our product "Router" allows you to do this in your CRM. Please let me know if you would like more information. 

Debbie