SOLVED

Re: New Installed Service Issue

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Installed Service Issue

I'm trying to add a new installed service custom API in Launchpoint and I'm having issues attaching an API Only User to the service. 

I'm not able to select anything or type anything in the API Only User drop-down box.

See attached screen shot for details

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try recreating the API user. Sometimes they can seem a little buggy after the API functionality gets upgraded. If that doesn't work, I'm kind of out of ideas, so I think you'd need to reach out to support.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Annie Wells​ I moved your post to the Products and Support section and have also alerted the LaunchPoint team.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you created an API user in the Users & Roles section already?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I've created an API only user in the User Roles section - see below. API-Only User.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to ask another one of those "did you restart your computer" type questions, but did you check off the box on the user role that says API Only? You need to do that in addition to just selecting the API permissions.

John_M
Marketo Employee

That's exactly right. The user will look like this.

Screen Shot 2015-06-10 at 1.02.00 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, John & Kristen.

Yes, the roles and Workspaces is checked, however the API only check box will not do anything. I'm not able to check it. I've had another user try checking it as well and nothing happens when they try to check the box. Both of us have Admin access.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would try recreating the API user. Sometimes they can seem a little buggy after the API functionality gets upgraded. If that doesn't work, I'm kind of out of ideas, so I think you'd need to reach out to support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That worked! Ha! Simple.

Thank you Kristen and John for your help!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Annie Wells​ - For others who are setting up a custom service to use the Marketo REST API, you can follow the getting started guide on dev.marketo.com.