Go to solution
Anton_Belo1
Level 2

Re: New Email Editor :(

@arjun VIRTUAL HUGS TO YOU....

James_Glavin
Level 5

Thanks Arjun, for taking our concerns seriously! I'd like to support the comments of everyone else in this thread. It may be an advance from a backend point of view, but in terms of experience for the user it feels like a huge backward step.

Nichole_Trobar1
Level 3

Our team uses the even/odd row fill on a regular basis in table options - does anyone know where this is in the new editor if at all?

Anton_Belo1
Level 2

MARKETO PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP...

Devan_Mairose
Level 2

This was a terrible update --- very hard to use. I edit HTML often and have to do extra clicks to get there. No drag/drop for images - I rarely have the URL since the files were uploaded previously and reused. To edit link style -- HUGE PAIN. We have to edit EVERY SINGLE LINK by copy/paste in the HTML, it's a nightmare. Text view is not visible so I think I will forget to copy from HTML if I've made updates (could potentially be VERY bad depending on how the content changes - legal issues, etc.). It's not clear what the Token in the URL is? Why we should use it/not use it and it appears that past links have been updated to include the token?

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a designer who uses Dreamweaver and essentially cuts and pastes the code into Marketo, I don't like how it strips stuff out from my DIV tags. I had to go thru an email I designed last week, figure out what was "broken", and fix the code so the whole email would center properly via tables instead of DIVs. I'm not thrilled and the simplification of code due to one worthless email program <cough>OUTLOOK</cough>. Yes, I know emails should be built via tables and no DIVs, but screw outlook.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wanted to add my feedback here. With the new editor the font of any given email changes without any user input. For example, I opened up an email I was working on days before the editor change, which was set at Arial size 12. Opening the email up after the change automatically shifted the font to Helvetica size 14. Why?! After 3 years of using the legacy editor I was used to its quirks, and now it seems we have to get used to a whole new set of issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with #1 - it was much easier to see the HTML and text side by side. Sometimes when I go back into an email to make a small change, I do so on the HTML version but often forget about it in the Text since it isn't staring me in the face. I'm getting a little bit used to it now, and it is nicer to have the wider screen for editing.

June_Dean2
Level 1

Has anyone found that when editing existing emails in the new editor any centred boxes left align even if the code has't changed ..only way is to edit the email via the html code and not the editor ..???

James_Glavin
Level 5

It was my first go at properly using the new email editor today. It's *bad*! I've reverted back to the legacy version. There are so many features that have disappeared (biggest gripe: no longer being able to easily access advanced properties for links to define the color without having to dive into the html) and it introduced some bugginess to templates that had previously worked well. Ah well, it's nearly the weekend...