SOLVED

Netsuite to Salesforce CRM/Integration change

Go to solution
Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

Netsuite to Salesforce CRM/Integration change

Hello fellow Marketers,

We are currently going down the path of changing our CRM (Netsuite to Salesforce).  We had our kickoff meeting this week and there are a few things that i have been curious of.

1. What capabilities will open up for us with having an integration with Salesforce?

2. What common problems do i need to try to avoid when changing the sync to connect to Salesforce?

3. Is it better to re-purpose fields and update the values? or create new since label and values will most likely be changing? Perhaps re-purposing default fields and recreate any custom?

4. What are the ramifications if we sync Lead, Contact, and Account info but wait till phase II when it comes to Campaign/program sync?

5. What other question should i make sure i am asking?

6. What are some known common issues when changing CRMs that we should be aware of?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Netsuite to Salesforce CRM/Integration change

The process to sync to SFDC is well documented in docs.marketo.com and in many threads.

• SFDC Campaigns - this is a checkbox in Admin and it is fine to turn it on anytime. Until you do, however, you cannot use Add to SFDC Campaigns, etc.
  • Fields - this should be part of your migration plan. You, the SFDC Admin, and other staff should discuss this in detail to avoid data loss.
  • Migration Plan - have one.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The process to sync to SFDC is well documented in docs.marketo.com and in many threads.

• SFDC Campaigns - this is a checkbox in Admin and it is fine to turn it on anytime. Until you do, however, you cannot use Add to SFDC Campaigns, etc.
  • Fields - this should be part of your migration plan. You, the SFDC Admin, and other staff should discuss this in detail to avoid data loss.
  • Migration Plan - have one.
Carrie_Lawson
Level 4

Thank You Josh, I did locate the sync to SFDC documentation and have been reading it extensively for several days.  I have been researching a lot to make sure i know as much as i can, but there are always issues that arise that might not have been documented.  Trying to understand what else i might not know that are some of the most common mistakes that are made when changing CRMs when using Marketo.