Re: Net new leads from Marketo that did not have an existing SFDC account association

Geno_Tokarz1
Level 2

Net new leads from Marketo that did not have an existing SFDC account association

We have new Marketo leads that are connected to existing SFDC accounts. We also have new Marketo leads that went on to be new SFDC accounts. We feel that marketing can say lead/account genesis from Marketo are ones you would never have and therefore a bigger impact. This is compared to an existing account where marketing only influenced closed/won business. 

I think I can do this for a single contact with "person created date" being before the "SFDC create" date. Is there any way to get to all of these into a report? I would also be open to combining a SFDC campaign object with a Marketo smart list.

2 REPLIES 2
Jim_Thao7
Level 9

Re: Net new leads from Marketo that did not have an existing SFDC account association

If you have net new leads that are connected to existing SFDC Accounts, I assume these are all syncing down from SFDC to Marketo as Contacts.  Please correct me if I'm wrong and there is different process you have.

If the above statement is true, then it should be pretty easy to distinguish between the two.

All new leads in Marketo with lead creation source of SFDC and SFDC Type of Contact would mean they are new Marketo leads connected to an existing SFDC account.  The rest will simply be Marketo net new leads.

Geno_Tokarz1
Level 2

Hi Jim,

Inside sales is also using leads/contacts. Their leads sync with Marketo, they are turned into contacts when an account is associated with them. Sales also using leads seems to muddy the water.