SOLVED

Re: Need Help with In Past / In Past Before Operators

Go to solution
Guitarrista82
Level 6

Need Help with In Past / In Past Before Operators

Hi Community!

I am trying to set up onboarding campaigns to send three different emails to our newest employees. We want the first email to be sent on Day 30 of employment; the second email on Day 60; and the third email on Day 90.

I am using the Enrollment Date (a Date field) to filter who should be receiving the emails. 

I have created the first campaign to send out the email on Day 30 of employment, but am stuck.

I've tried using the In Past and In Past Before filters, but the campaign is not pulling in the person I know it should be pulling in who is at exactly that 30-day mark today.

Guitarrista82_0-1663026185247.png

I tried changing the filters to say Enrollment Date in past 31 days AND Enrollment Date in past before 31 days; Enrollment Date in past 31 days AND Enrollment Date in past before 30 days; Enrollment Date in past 30 days AND Enrollment Date in past before 30 days, etc. But no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I can make this work, or how best to configure such a campaign?

Thank you,

LK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kaitlyn_Simko
Level 4

Hey there,

In past means that the activity happened in the past, which you know!

In past past before means means it happened before a specific date in the past. 

So you want to target 30 days exactly, you will use IN PAST to target the past 31 days.  You will use a second filter and set it to IN PAST BEFORE,30.  This will only search accounts with data populated 30 days ago.  It will look something like this.

Enrollment Date : IN PAST, 31 days

Enrollment Date: IN PAST BEFORE, 30 days

let me know if that works!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kaitlyn_Simko
Level 4

Hey there,

In past means that the activity happened in the past, which you know!

In past past before means means it happened before a specific date in the past. 

So you want to target 30 days exactly, you will use IN PAST to target the past 31 days.  You will use a second filter and set it to IN PAST BEFORE,30.  This will only search accounts with data populated 30 days ago.  It will look something like this.

Enrollment Date : IN PAST, 31 days

Enrollment Date: IN PAST BEFORE, 30 days

let me know if that works!

Guitarrista82
Level 6

Hi Kaitlyn,

Thanks for your help!

I was confused because I had used IN PAST 31 days and IN PAST BEFORE 30 days, but it wasn't pulling in who I thought it should.

But I do see that person today and now understand the logic.

Thanks again and have a great day!

LK