SOLVED

Need clarification about the engagement engine content queue

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need clarification about the engagement engine content queue

Let's say a stream contains a program that triggers an email, but also has some filters to block certain leads from receiving that email. If a lead goes through that program, but isn't qualified to receive an email, is the lead finished for that particular cast? Or does the system continue to propagate the lead through the content queue until some content is sent for that cast?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need clarification about the engagement engine content queue

I'm not an official, but per my understanding yes those leads who don't qualify for the campaign they were put in for that week's cast are now done. They won't go on to the next piece of content, they'll just have a week off.  This is why I encourage my staff to use Dynamic Content for engagement emails rather than the system you described. Either way works fine.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not an official, but per my understanding yes those leads who don't qualify for the campaign they were put in for that week's cast are now done. They won't go on to the next piece of content, they'll just have a week off.  This is why I encourage my staff to use Dynamic Content for engagement emails rather than the system you described. Either way works fine.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adam is correct. They stop for that week's cast.
Anonymous
Not applicable

A follow-up question: If a lead is blocked from receiving an email in a program due to its filters, what hapens in the next cast? Does the lead try to go through the same program or does he move to the next program/email in the queue. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

If a lead is filtered out of a program, in the next cast, they will go to the next piece of content.