SOLVED

Re: Need a copy of ALL emails from an operational send that already happened....

Go to solution
Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Need a copy of ALL emails from an operational send that already happened....

Hello Nation! 

I have a question about possibly doing a CC email, and I have looked around community already about the CC ability (not part of email assets so a workaround is needed) or the ability to send emails alerts. 

My specific scenario is this:  An operational email went out already to 180 leads and it was tokenized to grab their own contract date and company name token populated for regulatory compliance.   Now they are asking to get a copy of each of the 180 emails sent with the token info populated for each.    

We CAN do another send to those 180 leads but this time in order to get an exact copy of each sent to a specific email address or distribution list, I'm not quite sure if using a flow step [Send Alert] would send each 180 emails to the distribution list email.   Can someone give advice based on this situation, GREATLY appreciated!!! 

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Re: Need a copy of ALL emails from an operational send that already happened....

Assuming that none of the tokenized values changed between your original send and now, you can use Send Alert to send your team a re-creation of those emails.  You would want the Smart List in the Send Alert campaign to be targeting all of the leads that were sent the original email.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Steven_Vanderb3
Marketo Employee

Assuming that none of the tokenized values changed between your original send and now, you can use Send Alert to send your team a re-creation of those emails.  You would want the Smart List in the Send Alert campaign to be targeting all of the leads that were sent the original email.

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Hi Steven!  Thanks for answering, none of the values will change from the original send.  So what I'm reading is that I can run another send campaign to the target list of leads but the flow steps will be Send Alert (to desired internal email) ----and is the entire target list of leads getting the same email again, want to double check on that?  And is the Send Alert to internal email going to get an exact copy of those 180 emails, which is exactly what they want to happen? 

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Depends.

Send Alert will send the target email address the email selected. it will look like it came from Email X to your internal email address:

To: josh@mycompany.com

[Email Stuff]

As Steven suggests, the tokens probably won't resolve properly.

Another option is to send a Sample as the Lead, which you can do.

There is no CC function. There isn't a "copy image" function. Check ideas if this is important.

Trinity_Levens3
Level 3

Running a Send Alert campaign to the target list looks like the workaround here as I ran a test to a few emails, they got the message with their tokenized data and I also received the same copy, thanks guys!!!