Mysterious SFDC sync happening

NadineRegan
Level 2

Mysterious SFDC sync happening

Hi there,

who here loves a good mystery?

We ran into a very mysterious case of campaign members syncing from MKTO to a SFDC campaign even though there is no program or campaign level sync happening.

We are getting leads pushed over from Drift directly into a MKTO campaign as part of the integration. In MKTO we are sorting them into campaigns based on their Drift tags. There is no Add to SFDC campaign flow step in any of these campaigns. There is also no program level sync happening. However, under the lead activity it shows that they are being added to the SFDC campaign but there is nothing associated with it, like normally it would show you the campaign that's doing that but in our case its just blanc. We are also not seeing anything happening on the SFDC side that would cause this. There is no automation running on the SFDC side either that would automatically add people from what I've been told. And in Drift we are only pushing activities (like meeting booked) to SFDC but not to a specific campaign.

Now, don't get me wrong. We DO want these people synced over to the campaign in SFDC, which by the way has the same campaign name as the MKTO campaign if that matters. However, moving forward we want to be more picky about who we sync to the SFDC campaign so not being able to control the sync for this campaign really messes this up.

Has anyone ran into scenario before? What else could cause people to sync to SFDC if not on the program or campaign level?

Any thoughts around this would be greatly appreciated!

We also have involved our agency and MKTO support to get to the bottom of this but so far no luck.

Thanks,

Nadine

1 REPLY 1
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Mysterious SFDC sync happening

There is no automation running on the SFDC side either that would automatically add people from what I've been told.

I think the problem is in what you’ve been told. 🙂

This sounds distinctly like one of those cases where the SFDC team says something can’t be happening on their side until 6 months later when someone finally finds the trigger.