SOLVED

My Tokens in email template & landing pages

Go to solution
Nurture_Ninja
Level 4

My Tokens in email template & landing pages

I understand that this question may seem trivial considering the widespread praise for My Tokens and their ability to enhance scalability and streamline the process of creating and launching new programs. However, I'm still going to ask in order to clarify.

What distinguishes the use of multiple My Tokens for an event email and landing page—where each token contains different information pertaining to webinar speakers, descriptions, speaker images, titles, and times—from the alternative approach of cloning the email and landing pages and making edits directly in the editor? I appreciate your insights on this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: My Tokens in email template & landing pages

In the former case, i.e., while using tokens for populating data in email/LPs, you just have to update my token values only. Since all the places are referencing these tokens, they’ll have the correct value pulled in. However, in the latter case where you don’t use the tokens and rather hard code the value, you’d have to update the values at all the places in assets, e.g., event date, venue, etc may be used at multiple places in LP and emails. This not only requires duplicative efforts but also leaves a chance of user error in case they miss updating any of the hard-coded values in the assets. It goes w/o saying that the updates in the latter case are more time-consuming than the former.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: My Tokens in email template & landing pages

In the former case, i.e., while using tokens for populating data in email/LPs, you just have to update my token values only. Since all the places are referencing these tokens, they’ll have the correct value pulled in. However, in the latter case where you don’t use the tokens and rather hard code the value, you’d have to update the values at all the places in assets, e.g., event date, venue, etc may be used at multiple places in LP and emails. This not only requires duplicative efforts but also leaves a chance of user error in case they miss updating any of the hard-coded values in the assets. It goes w/o saying that the updates in the latter case are more time-consuming than the former.