Re: My tokens are going whack! Styles set for tokens are displaying incorrectly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

My tokens are getting messed up. Styles set for tokens are displaying incorrectly.

Tokens that I've cloned are totally off in style and I can't get them to look right. They are not accepting the color and font size I select. They look right when setting them up, but when I preview them, they are left justified, wrong in color and size font, I'm not sure what's going on.

When I preview my email, the subject line that includes tokens looks like this:

Join Us for <div>November<br /></div>'s Webinar - <div>Mike's Knugget of Knowledge<br /></div>

Anyone having this issue? We've seen it for the last two months now and it's frustrating and wasting a lot of time figuring out how to fix it.

Not happy with Marketo lately, ever since the text editor changed we spend more time figuring out how to do things then saving us time.

14 REPLIES 14
Stijn_Heijthuij
Level 7

Re: My tokens are going whack! Styles set for tokens are displaying incorrectly.

Hi Linda,

I've been hearing a lot of noise around the new Text Editor but haven't run into any problems like the ones you mention.

Can you provide some extra information? Like the values in the tokens, what are you trying to have displayed in which area of the email or landingpage?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for responding. I'm using a Rich Text token and the values are things like Webinar Date, Webinar Time, so that it will display November, 19, 2015 - 10 am (PT) where I have the tokens throughout the program. It's worked fine in the past, we've just noticed issues last month and this month.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for replying.

I've tried setting the font color, style in the Token editor and found it doesn't take, so I set the style to the token I enter in the email and it's worked fine in the past. And yes, I'm using a Rich Text token in the subject line.

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

If you want to fix Add to Calendar type token then you can directly include code in Hyperlink Text area with code "<span style="color: #5e5656; font-weight: normal;">Add to Calendar</span>" and this would give you the font style.

For your subject line token you can fix it with replacing Text type token.

Can you please share what type of token are you using? I think you are using Rich Text token in your subject line correct?

Thanks

Priyank

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

Linda,

What do you mean by "cloning tokens"? Do you mean you have cloned a program that has my.tokens specified? Also, you shouldn't use a rich-text token in a subject line of an email. A rich-text token outputs HTML. You probably want to use a regular text token.

Tokens are unrelated to the new text editor. If you can provide more information I would be happy to help you. You can also email me at jcooperman@marketo.com

Justin

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Thanks for replying.

I setup tokens in the My Tokens tab at the highest level of the program, so that when I clone the program the next month, I just have to change the values and the data pulls through all my emails/landing pages, has saved me a lot of time typing it all in.

Yes, I use Rich Text token in the subject line. I'll try the regular text token, thanks for the suggestion. But I haven't had problems until now and we've been doing this every month since May of 2014 and we are now experiencing issues.

I sent in a support case and they are checking into it, I'll keep you posted if they can't figure it out.

Thank you!

Linda

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I can 100% guarantee that by using a rich-text token in the subject line that the token value will also include the HTML like you showed above in your original post.  You absolutely must use plain old text tokens if your desire is to use this value in a subject line.  Like Justin said, this has nothing to do with the new HTML editor.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: My tokens are getting messed up. Styles set for tokens are displaying incorrectly.

Thank you, I will try it. But it has been working for over a year. We have just seen the coding the past two months.

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

The only way this could have possible worked is if you had used a rich-text token and then stripped out all of the HTML, turning it basically into a text token.  At least you'll be using the proper type of token from here on out.