Re: My SFDC Queue isn't showing in Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

My SFDC Queue isn't showing in Marketo

I created a queue in SFDC to import my Marketo Smartlist to.  What I'd like to do is:

Trigger: Marketo Form on Landing Page is Filled Out by Lead
Flow: Sync Lead to SFDC Queue

However, it is not showing as an option to select the queue in Marketo-only the lead owners.

Thoughts to make this work?
Crystal
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best practice will be to sync leads to SFDC using auto assign rules, and then build lead assignment in SFDC.  For troubleshooting you might assign a field such as "Territory" to identify where the lead should go.  

Queues are not fully supported by Marketo, and you won't be able to see the queue name as the lead owner.  Unless you immediately re-assign leads from the queue to lead owners, I'd recommend assigning directly to users rather than queues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Steven,

I'd like to use the queue concept so that mulitple lead owners can see the list; then I will reassign as needed.  I see that you should be able to select a SFDC queue in Marketo.  

There is a step for this particular campaign that can't be automated, and it is not a large number of leads to deal with.

What do you mean by "you won't be able to see the queue name as the lead owner?"

Best,
Crystal 

Anonymous
Not applicable

While a lead is owned by a queue, you won't be able to see the owner in Marketo (it will be blank.)  So you can't write a smart campaign like "take all leads owned by x queue and assign to people".  

If your goal is to allow multiple owners to see the list, you can also accomplish this with lead reports and custom views.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ah, okay!  That isn't a problem. I still think the queue is the best solution for this unique purpose. Some of the leads we are getting through forms need to be scrubbed, and the queue is a good solution before they are assigned.

Thank you,
Crystal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Steven san,

I want to set a smart Campaign as below.... but is it out of Marketo scope as you said "you won't be able to see the queue name as the lead owner." ?

Smart Campaign
 Smart List : ...as I like
 Flow : Create Task
             Choice one : Lead Owner Name = SFDC Queue  -> Assign Task to Person A
             Default choise :
Assign Task to Lead Owner
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Ryosuke san, 

That is correct.  Marketo can not see the queues, so you will not be able to do it this way.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks !
We will consider not to use SFDC Queue, and to create an SFDC ID like Queue.