SOLVED

My email address is coming up in links in text version emails

Go to solution
Klorisa
Level 1

My email address is coming up in links in text version emails

I am hoping someone knows a fix for this - my email address is coming up in all links sent in an email. It does not show up in HTML but does show for the text version. The link is not the same as the one I enter in the email editor, so it must be added in there after it's sent, and this happens in both test emails and actual email sent. How can I fix this?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: My email address is coming up in links in text version emails

That's being added by Proofpoint (Microsoft mail security) on the recipient side, not by Marketo.

But you also have a broken link. In the Text section, all URLs must be URL-encoded, so those spaces must be %20. This is not the case in the HTML part, although of course it's better to standardize.

View solution in original post

SanfordWhiteman

Even if your admin lets you turn it off (which is doubtful if this is a corporate Office 365 account), it wouldn't help to turn it off just for your mailbox! It's the default setting and everyone in the world using Microsoft‘s built-in mail security has it turned on.

It’s OK though, people are used to the Safe Link concept.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman

Can you show a screenshot of your Text part?

SanfordWhiteman_0-1713901819269.png

It would be extremely strange for anything to be injected that you can’t see in the Editor (including of course tokens and variables).

P.S. Remember to post in Products in the future. I moved your post this time.

Klorisa
Level 1

This is what I sent out, and below that is what was received

SanfordWhiteman

That's being added by Proofpoint (Microsoft mail security) on the recipient side, not by Marketo.

But you also have a broken link. In the Text section, all URLs must be URL-encoded, so those spaces must be %20. This is not the case in the HTML part, although of course it's better to standardize.

Klorisa
Level 1

Is there any way to change that or stop it from happening? Even after fixing the link it still adds in my email address to the link

SanfordWhiteman

Even if your admin lets you turn it off (which is doubtful if this is a corporate Office 365 account), it wouldn't help to turn it off just for your mailbox! It's the default setting and everyone in the world using Microsoft‘s built-in mail security has it turned on.

It’s OK though, people are used to the Safe Link concept.