Munchkin Management with API

Anonymous
Not applicable

Munchkin Management with API

We are in the process of setting up our GDPR compliance rules and one of our current questions is whether our munchkins can be managed via API. Essentially, we have a Cookie Preferences tool that comes in via API. We are trying to understand if someone switches off the cookies using our Cookie Management tool, will the Marketo Munchkins also be disabled? Generally, the tool is able to turn off the cookies when someone requests this to be disabled, but they aren't sure how the Marketo Munchkins respond to this, so I'm wondering if anyone has any experience setting this up or confirming if this can be done.

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Munchkin Management with API

The generic cookie management tools that I've test are not capable of disabling Munchkin on their own, because they don't know how Munchkin is injected into the page. They can tell you that the lead has expressed a preference, which is great, but you must enforce it using custom code.

P.S. Dan Stevens​ this includes OneTrust -- I'm waiting on another session with their engineer.​

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Interesting, Sandy.  I did not realize this.  We're meeting with one of their consultants in the next week or two.  Does the same hold true for other tracking cookies like GA?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

I think they try to apply some intelligence (which could never be 100% accurate) to disable GA.

No 3rd-party cookie preference manager could ever be sure where you're setting the corresponding cookies. They can't actually block you from setting all cookies, and their intuition will always fail, especially when dependent on load order/code analysis.