SOLVED

Munchkin Code Not Tracking On Only Zendesk Pages

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Munchkin Code Not Tracking On Only Zendesk Pages

The munchkin code works great and tracks well on our website pages.  However, I also put the munchkin code into our Zendesk Support portal and it is not tracking anything, doesn't even show up as an option to track.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with this or anything like this?

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Munchkin Code Not Tracking On Only Zendesk Pages

Bryant,

In addition to what Josh and Justin suggested, you should also experiment with different iterations of the munchkin code deployment: namely, asynchronous/ asynchronous jQuery. This may solve your problem intrinsically.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Bryant,

Sounds like you might have to ask Zendesk on tracking code issues.
  1. Is your support portal visible to the outside world?
  2. has anyone filled out a form on the Support portal?
  3. are you getting anonymous support portal traffic showing up in Marketo?
  4. which type of code did you use?
the thing to remember here, is if you are attempting to track on more than 1 domain, you won't get a sync of the lead data until the lead fills out forms on BOTH sites.
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. The support portal is visible to anyone who visits the link
2. We have no marketo forms on the support portal.  The only Marketo instance is the munchkin code I put in the html of the page.  The use case is that we have leads visiting our support portal to watch videos and view user guides.  I wanted to add lead score to those visits.
3. I am not getting anonymous traffic, the support portal does not show up at all in marketo, does not show up as an option when I begin typing the url in the visited web page is ________ field nor do we get leads.
4.I used the simple Munchkin code.

It may just be something on the ZenDesk end?  O
Justin_Cooperm1
Level 1

Try using beta munchkin code. This may solve your problem.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I'd call Zen Desk. 

Is the Support portal on a different domain? This will cause tracking problems across domains.
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

It is likely a conflict of jQuery versions. Since the beta munchkin does not depend on jQuery, this may solve it for you.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bryant,

In addition to what Josh and Justin suggested, you should also experiment with different iterations of the munchkin code deployment: namely, asynchronous/ asynchronous jQuery. This may solve your problem intrinsically.

Good luck!