Re: Munchkin altIds and form posts

Thomas_Boykin
Level 1

Munchkin altIds and form posts

Hello, Now i have added the right code because: - i can see anonymous visitor and known visitor web page visit. When an anonymous filled out a form, the history is merged with the new known lead. This case is for production instance - on the sandbox instance, we see anonymous web page visit but not for the known leads. So the munchkin code is almost working and the syntax is correct but we do not understand the last part (not working).

<script type="text/javascript">
(function() { var didInit = false; function initMunchkin() { if(didInit === false) { didInit = true; Munchkin.init('715-ASN-XXX',{altIds: ['140-HUP-YYY'] }); } } var s = document.createElement('script'); s.type = 'text/javascript'; s.async = true; s.src='//munchkin.marketo.net/munchkin.js'; s.onreadystatechange = function() { if (this.readyState == 'complete' || this.readyState == 'loaded') { initMunchkin(); } }; s.onload = initMunchkin; document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0].appendChild(s); })(); 
</script>

Can someone have the same situation ?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
Sylvain_Davril4
Level 2

Hey guys, 

Some context and details on the above message.

This is a case of sending web activity to the two AFP Marketo instances.

Using the above code, everything works perfectly on the Marketo production environment (the first Munchkin id in the code)

> we see the visits for the anonymous and the known leads. When an anonymous fills out a form, his history is merged with the new known lead.

The Sandbox environment has some trouble :

- we see the anonymous visits

- but nothing for the known leads.

Marketo cannot reconcile a new known lead with his web activity as anonymous.

Thanks in advance for your help !

Sylvain

Katja_Keesom
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Did you test a person filling out a sandbox form who also accepted the cookie? Of course it will only associate for a form that is in that instance. Just checking the basics here.

Sylvain_Davril4
Level 2

Yep, I made extra sure when I tested.

I will try Sanford's suggestion

thanks

Sylvain

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

In the sandbox, make sure you have the primary and altIds reversed.
Sylvain_Davril4
Level 2

Excellent suggestion Sanford, I will test this.

thanks

Sylvain