Multiselect Picklist Field issue between Marketo and SFDC

Anonymous
Not applicable

Multiselect Picklist Field issue between Marketo and SFDC

Hi Community,

I recently created a multiselect picklist field called "Source of Candidates" in Salesforce on both the Lead and the Contact object, naming both fields with the exact same name. And then I mapped the fields together in SFDC as well so that when the Lead is converted, the data passes through into the newly created Contacted. Pretty standard.

Usually, when I do this, Marketo recognizes that they are the mapped and will pass data into one single field on Marketo's end that is then tied to both the Lead and the Contact.

However, this time around, Marketo for whatever reason created two separate fields: "Source of Candidates" and "Source of Candidates (C)". This is creating problems for us because it's stopping the passage of data between the Lead and the Contact record. For example, we use "Source of Candidates" in one of our forms. When an existing Contact goes to fill out the form, "Source of Candidates" will get populated but then this data won't passed correctly into SFDC since this person is a Contact and there is now apparently a field "Source of Candidates (C)" that it seems to be synced to instead.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Hoi

3 REPLIES 3
Casey_Grimes
Level 10

Re: Multiselect Picklist Field issue between Marketo and SFDC

Hi Hoi,

Depending on the way your Salesforce instance is set up, the update to show the Lead and Contact versions of the field were mapped together may not have come over. That said, if you reach out to Support they should be able to map these two fields back together on the Marketo end as well.

ChristinaZuniga
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

If you ask Marketo they can map these two fields together for you.

Here's how I prevent this from happening:

1) Create new field in Salesforce on the contact, do not make visible to the Marketo user!

2) Create new field in Salesforce on the lead, do not make visible to the Marketo user!

3) Map field from lead object to contact object

4) Go back to contact and lead objects - make visible, put on page layouts, etc.

If they're mapped before you add them to Marketo, that's the easiest way to ensure that they won't come across as separate fields (although more work).

Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Open a support case and they will fix it.  Ive found that usually it maps over into one field.  Some things that may cause that not work is if they are different field types.